Caps Lock Reminder – For Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013

I had developed a small customisation module which would alert users while logging on to Dynamics GP with CapsLock key on. You can read more about it here: GP Login Form – Caps Lock Reminder Update.

That customisation was developed using Modifier with VBA. But with Dynamics GP 2013, much emphasis has been given to the new Web Client. Which means, all our VBA code logic won’t be supported by web client.

That said, I have now converted my code from VBA to VS Tools (using C#.Net as programming language). Those who are interested can download it FOR FREE from following link:


Instructions to use:

  1. Copy this DLL file and paste it on to GP AddIns folder (can be located inside GP 2013 application folder).
  2. Ask users to log out and log on back.
  3. If you do not need this tool anymore, just remove this DLL from AddIns folder, after all users log out.
  4. This can be used safely in production environment. This tool doesn’t interfere in any of your day-to-day transactional activities. The scope of this is restricted only to GP login form.

Your feedback is always welcome.



Adding Customer Item User-defined Fields to SOP Invoice – Mariano

Another excellent post up there on Mariano’s blog, which explains how to add customer item user-defined fields to SOP invoice.

The customization is done using Support Debugging Tool (SDT) to achieve this.

There is an interesting point which Mariano mentions there, which is not about the topic itself, but about how clients have started demanding things from us, consultants, which shows how much clients are aware nowadays.

Modifier with VBA would have been the BEST and easy option for any developer or consultant for this functionality. But looks like the client was strictly against it because *it’s not supported on Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Web Client*. 🙂

But that demand indeed had led to another superb piece of customization using SDT.


"Unknown error 0 – 800AC351 occurred saving the project file" – Error & Solution

My last post discussed about an error message faced by users once GP2010 R2 upgrade was over. This post gives you a solution for that.

The following error message was faced by users when they log off from GP:

Initially I thought it was occurring only on “sa” login. But couple of users today reported the same error when they logged off from GP.

When I analyzed this further, I realized that users who have access to Field Service processes in GP alone were getting this error message. Those who do not have access never reported this issue at all.

That made me to think about next step in solving this. No one has reported this issue yet, thus leaving me in the lurch.

I finally found a solution for this menace.


1. I logged off all users from GP environment, as it is Terminal Server environment for us.
2. Launched GP and opened Visual Basic editor.
3. Opened Field Service VBA project.
4. Did some harmless edits (like adding some comments, etc.).
5. Opened the “References” wizard.
6. Unselected all references and selected it back.
7. Compiled the entire project to check whether I am getting any error message.
8. Saved VBA project.
9. Logged off from GP.

Surprisingly (but expectedly) the error message never appeared again.

Those who are looking for some solution for this menace, here it is for you.