Back in October of 2015, I posted a blog about how to modify Jared Hall’s awesome Excel Financial Dashboard that you can download here. The problem with his solutions is that most Dynamics GP environments are multi-company setups making these dashboards not very functional without navigating and opening multiple Excel spreadsheets to view each company’s […]
It’s been almost a year since I had posted anything on my blog, due to various reasons. In all honesty, breaking that hibernation was harder than what I expected. Anyways…
CU16, like my own absence from community activities, has come after almost one year. And this release indeed seems to be substantial. Following is the fixes list:
- Change tracking only gets enabled on the first Microsoft Dynamics GP company database.
- Wildcards and ranges doesn’t return all valid dimension combinations.
- Dimension filter uses an OR condition instead of an AND in different scenarios when two dimensions are specified.
- Dynamics GP: Management Reporter is performing a count query before actual query, doubling the query cost with data mart.
- Dynamics GP: Management Reporter fact integration slow when posting large Analytical Accounting batches.
- Dynamics GP: GP data validation is not working for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016.
- Dimension filter uses an OR condition instead of an AND if using a dimension value that does not exist.
- Dynamics GP: Unable to create GP integration with GP 2016 Dexterity Shared Components.
- Dynamics GP: Yes/No Analytical Accounting dimension not working or integrating correctly in the Management Reporter data mart.
- Report generation fails when using a dimension value setting in the reporting tree based on MainAccount.
- MR CU15 Known Issue – @DateLong AutoText header displays day of week in web viewer.
- Report generation fails when there is a duplicated name for a dimension value.
I have removed all Dynamics AX related fix references. Full list can be found here: Management Report CU16 Fix List (PartnerSource/CustomerSource Access Required)
About the new features, most important one is the support for HTTPS & SSL deployment, for more data security.
I am gonna go ahead, download CU16 and upgrade my test environment, to experience the fixes and features.
I strongly suggest to whoever still use MR to do the same.
We have got another cumulative update (CU), CU15, available for Management Reporter (MR). Dynamics CPM Team has posted the link to download CU15 with the list of new features.
Web Viewer Responsiveness and Data Mart Reset Through PowerShell are my favs.
Most important points to be note:
- SQL Server 2012 or higher is mandatory now. Anyone who’s using a lesser version won’t be able to update MR anymore.
- Installing .NET Framework 4.6.1 is mandatory and would require a reboot. We must make sure that proper downtime is added to the update schedule.
Direct Download Link (CustomerSource Access Required): Management Reporter for Microsoft Dynamics ERP Installs and Service Packs Overview
If anyone out there still using FRx as their financial reporting tool, it’s time to migrate to Management Reporter.
Dynamics GP Support team has posted an article, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 is upgraded – What’s next?, on which they have announced that FRx is no longer supported with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016.
Time to say good bye to FRx…