Another excellent article from Barry Crowell on Dynamics GP and Power BI:
During my last blog post, I walked you through creating a financial dashboard using Power BI with Dynamics GP data. I have created additional analysis and measures now. If you look closely at the bottom left, you will see two additional reports for Sales Summary and Customer Analysis. Sales Summary The data used from Dynamics […]
via Supercharge Your Dynamics GP Dashboards & Reports with Power BI — My quest in SQL, BI & Dynamics GP
Back in October of 2015, I posted a blog about how to modify Jared Hall’s awesome Excel Financial Dashboard that you can download here. The problem with his solutions is that most Dynamics GP environments are multi-company setups making these dashboards not very functional without navigating and opening multiple Excel spreadsheets to view each company’s […]
via WOW! A Dynamics GP multi-company Financial Dashboard – Part Deux — My quest in SQL, BI & Dynamics GP
It’s been almost a year since I had posted anything on my blog, due to various reasons. In all honesty, breaking that hibernation was harder than what I expected. Anyways…
Management Report CU16 has been released and is now available for download. Here’s the post from Dynamics CPM Team: Management Report CU16 Now Available
CU16, like my own absence from community activities, has come after almost one year. And this release indeed seems to be substantial. Following is the fixes list:
- Change tracking only gets enabled on the first Microsoft Dynamics GP company database.
- Wildcards and ranges doesn’t return all valid dimension combinations.
- Dimension filter uses an OR condition instead of an AND in different scenarios when two dimensions are specified.
- Dynamics GP: Management Reporter is performing a count query before actual query, doubling the query cost with data mart.
- Dynamics GP: Management Reporter fact integration slow when posting large Analytical Accounting batches.
- Dynamics GP: GP data validation is not working for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016.
- Dimension filter uses an OR condition instead of an AND if using a dimension value that does not exist.
- Dynamics GP: Unable to create GP integration with GP 2016 Dexterity Shared Components.
- Dynamics GP: Yes/No Analytical Accounting dimension not working or integrating correctly in the Management Reporter data mart.
- Report generation fails when using a dimension value setting in the reporting tree based on MainAccount.
- MR CU15 Known Issue – @DateLong AutoText header displays day of week in web viewer.
- Report generation fails when there is a duplicated name for a dimension value.
I have removed all Dynamics AX related fix references. Full list can be found here: Management Report CU16 Fix List (PartnerSource/CustomerSource Access Required)
About the new features, most important one is the support for HTTPS & SSL deployment, for more data security.
I am gonna go ahead, download CU16 and upgrade my test environment, to experience the fixes and features.
I strongly suggest to whoever still use MR to do the same.
Exciting news from Pam on her blog about the new reporting kid on the block.
Microsoft and Jet Reports have partnered to give us a new reporting tool for Dynamics GP called Jet Express for Excel.
I’d recommend you to read her post without fail to know everything about this new reporting tool.
Couple of things, among all the other information, that really excite me:
- This new reporting solution will be available free to all users in June.
- The new tool will be compatible with all versions of Dynamics GP, including through to GP 2016, and will also offer an upgrade path.
I was trying to install VS Tools for GP2015 R2 on my machine that has already got VS Tools for GP2016 installed. I could not complete the installation and received following error message (and its corresponding Event Log).
Please note, on the event log, it says “GP 2016 SDK” while I was trying to install GP2015 VS Tools SDK.
Has someone faced this error? If so, could you please share with us on how you resolved it? Have you resolved it at all?
Please lend your inputs on the comments section.