GP 2015 DYNAMICS DB Upgrade – Issue & Resolution


This issue is probably remote and may not be faced by many of you out there. But I thought I would share this information with you all, just in case.

Issue: I was upgrading my GP 2013 to GP 2015. By the time, GP Utilities (almost) finished, it got stuck with an error while updating the table SY_Company_MSTR (Company Master) as shown below. I have tried to capture the entire error details on one screen:

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 8.34.42 PM

Error Explanation on Table Error Details had more information that I could not capture above. Below is that additional information. I’d rather say, that’s the exact error message:

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 8.35.16 PM

While that greyed portion denotes a company DB name.

Reason: I copied one company database (out of 8) backup from my production environment, restored it on my test machine and ran the utilities to upgrade to GP 2015. When Utilities tried to update Company Master table (SY01500, SY_Company_MSTR), it found records pertaining to companies other than one that’s existing on my test machine while it could not find the respective databases physically.

Resolution: If you are going to have less companies on your upgrade scheme than what’s there on your original GP environment, then you must run Clear Companies script. This script will clear all records pertaining to companies that are not physically available on your SQL instance.

Once I cleaned up the company records, my upgrade process went on successfully.

VAIDY

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “GP 2015 DYNAMICS DB Upgrade – Issue & Resolution

  1. Pingback: GP 2015 DYNAMICS DB Upgrade – Issue & Resolution : Interesting Findings & Knowledge Sharing

  2. Dear Vaidy,

    This Blog fix the same issue when i am upgrading the GP from GP2010 RTM to GP2015 RTM.

    Your blog is instrumental to us.

    Thanks for the information and keep Blogging. 🙂

    Like

  3. Thanks Vaidy. I received the same message going from GP2010 SP4 to GP2015. Interesting enough I had run it on a previous step, which was GP9 SP4 to GP2010 SP4. I did not think I would need to run it again, but it cleared the SY01500 table which still had the other companies in it.
    Regards,

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s