I was brushing myself up for my Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 – Installation & Configuration (MB3-700). One of the many topics that I think would be very important for all customers is Field Level Security (FLS).
This post is not about explaining WHAT it is, but to give you a quick reference on list of security modes that are available:
Following is the list taken straight from GP System Setup manual:
- Password Before: You must enter a password before getting access to a field. Password After You must enter a password after modifying a field for the changes to be saved.
- Warning Before: A warning will be displayed and access to that field will be denied.
- Lock Field: You can’t use or modify the field.
- Disable Field: The field will be displayed but it will not be available.
- Hide Field: The field won’t be displayed.
- Password Window: You must to enter a password before access to the window is permitted.
- Disable Window: Enter the system administrator’s password to have access to the window.
- Password Form: Users or classes must enter the correct password before access to the form is permitted.
- Disable Form: You must enter the system administrator’s password to modify the form.
FLS is in my opinion the easiest way to enforce necessary and unobtrusive security.