This one is strictly out of GP context. It has got no relevance whatsoever to Dynamics GP and related technologies.
For those who have got Symantec Endpoint Protection (Enterprise Firewall & Anti-Spam Software) and would like to install Google Chrome desperately, please take a look at this article.
I was installing Google Chrome browser on my laptop. The installation went on well without any issues. When I launched the browser, an error message was thrown with the message “The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.“ and the browser screen was of dark blue with a crappy message “Aw, Snap! Something is happened to …” and the webpage wouldn’t open.
I tried everything from adding some exceptions in SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection) to reinstalling Google Chrome. There was even a workaround suggested across the web, which asks us to disable the Chrome Sandbox feature, which is highly disastrous and should not be done. I browsed a lot of sites and followed some of the most read forum articles and after much struggle came with this piece of information from the Symantec Forum itself: Symantec Forum : Google Chrome Error.
1. Open the Registry Editor by typing “regedit” in Run Command program (XP: Start Menu -> Run, Vista: Just type “regedit” in the search text box available in the Start Menu).
2. Find the Registry Entry: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SysPlant.
3. To the right side of the Registry Editor, find the key “Start” with type “REG_DWORD“.
4. The value for this key would be normally, 0x00000001 (1). Double Click this key to open the Key value editor. And change the Value Data from 1 to 4. Click on OK and you should be able to see the new value for this key as 0x00000004 (4).
5. Close the Registry Editor and restart the machine.
Now Chrome Browser works merrily without any issues.
Well, at times, I tend to become more interested and enthusiastic, when I fix some of these errors without either waiting for some replies from the Software Vendors or to accept the fact that it would not work and I should get out of it.
And we don’t get to see know information easily, isn’t it?